Co-produced online symposium: COVID-19’s impact on youth mental health
Young people, researchers, policy makers and healthcare practitioners are invited to a free national online symposium focusing on the impact of COVID-19 on young people's health, wellbeing and experiences of education.
The symposium features two connected events:
- 13:00 - 16:00 - Online symposium for researchers, practitioners and policy makers and young people
- 16:15 - 18:00 - Event for young people discussing research from the day and topics raised by young people
1. Confirmed speakers for the online symposium:
- EPIDEMIC - a youth led project about young people engaging with COVID research reports through theatre - Rana and Jay, young co-researchers
- CCopeY: A co-produced mixed methods study looking at youth mental health and coping during COVID-19 - Dr Lindsay Dewa, Research Fellow in Public Health, Imperial College London and Lizzy Choong, young co-researcher
- Lockdown Life North East Life - Dr Stephanie Scott, NIHR ARC NENC Senior Research Fellow, Newcastle University
- COVID-19 Mapping and Mitigation in Schools (CoMMinS) - Dr Jeremy Horwood, Associate Professor in Social Sciences and Health, University of Bristol
- Supporting vulnerable young people during the pandemic and beyond: The response of youth organisations - Dr Harriet Fisher, Research Fellow, Bristol Medical School, - University of Bristol
- Teenagers Experiences of Life in Lockdown (TELL) - Dr Ola Demkowicz, Lecturer in Psychology of Education, The University of Manchester
- Youth Under Lockdown - Dr Hannah King, Assistant Professor, Director of Postgraduate Research, Department of Sociology, Durham University
Presentations will be recorded and shared after the event.
2. Event for young people:
- Details to be co-produced with young people and will be added in due course.
This symposium is being organised collaboratively by Newcastle University and Imperial College London and is being funded by Newcastle University's Celebrating Excellence in PPEI Seed funding.
This event is aimed at young people, researchers, policy makers and healthcare practitioners. However, it is free and open to all who wish to join.
When and where?
Thursday 25 March 2021
13:00 - 18:00 GMT
Free online event - please register to join via Eventbrite. Streaming details will be sent out to all registered attendees nearer to the event.
Co-produced online symposium: COVID-19’s impact on youth mental health Discussion
Login / Register to take part in this discussion.