No Location

It looks as though you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer which is no longer supported. To experience this site in the way it was designed, please upgrade to Microsoft Edge

Relationship styles and the impact of chronic pain

Relationship styles and the impact of chronic pain

Overview

Take part in an online survey and share your experiences of living with chronic pain.

• 30 minutes
  • Questionnaire
  • Participate

Taking Part

Sorry, this opportunity is closed and you can no longer apply to take part

Aim

The aim of this study is to explore links between adult relationship styles and impact of pain on everyday life. The study is testing a statistical model to identify if thoughts about pain and psychological flexibility mediate the relationship between adult attachment and the daily impact of pain. This will contribute to our understanding of psychological interventions that might be helpful for living well with pain.

Volunteer Criteria

You must be 18 years or older living with chronic pain (pain that has lasted 3 months or longer).

What will I be asked to do?

You will be asked to complete an anonymous online survey which asks for demographic information and includes measures of attachment style, thoughts about pain (pain catastrophising), psychological flexibility (pain behaviours) and the impact of pain. This will take approximately 30 minutes to complete.

When and where?

This is an online survey and can be completed any time until 31st January 2022.

Will I get anything for taking part?

You will have the opportunity to be entered into a prize draw to win one of ten £15 Amazon vouchers.

Newcastle University

Owners

Taking Part

Sorry, this opportunity is closed and you can no longer apply to take part

Relationship styles and the impact of chronic pain Discussion

Login / Register to take part in this discussion.

KatieK

KatieK

23rd January 2022

Hello,

Could you please help me. I have tried to take this survey a few times and it's never letting me!

I always get the following message: ' Sorry, this survey is not currently active. '

It is meant to close on the 31st and even today is only the 23rd!

Many thanks,
Kind regards,
Carrol

Show Hide  1 reply
ClaireB092

ClaireB092

23rd January 2022

Hi Katie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to click on the link to my survey. I'm completing this research as part of my doctoral thesis and I really appreciate you volunteering your time to complete it.

Unfortunately I closed the survey earlier than anticipated as I had reached a good number of responses. I thought I had removed the advert from everywhere, but clearly I missed this platform. I'm really sorry that you've spent time trying to access the survey when it is no longer open. This was an oversight on my part and I'll take the survey down now.

Thanks again for volunteering your time and apologies again for the inconvenience I've caused.

Take care & best wishes
Claire

Ianeon

Ianeon

17th May 2021

Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! - I got it wrong - Grrrrrrrr.

There is a question on "marital status"

Show Hide  1 reply
ClaireB092

ClaireB092

17th May 2021

Thank you. I do apprciate the feedback you left - it's all very important to the way the results are interpreted. Thanks again for taking part and for highlighting some of the limitations of the survey. Take care :)

jayrdi

jayrdi

17th May 2021

test comment

Ianeon

Ianeon

17th May 2021

I get the impression that this is a "bought-in" survey because a lot of the questions didn't relate to the circumstances, even after giving the relevant information i.e. my age.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Strangely the survey doesn't ask about marital status, which I should image is important to this type of survey.                                                                                 There is no facility to NOT answer a question because it is "n/a"- so the answers given are not totally accurate.
But - I am just a grumpy old man suffering severe pain who has a jaundiced outlook on life :(

Show Hide  1 reply
ClaireB092

ClaireB092

17th May 2021

Thanks for your feedback Ianeon. I appreciate your frustrations about the closed nature of the questions. You're right that a lot of the questions derive from exisiting questionnaires as these are valid & reliable ways of measuring the constructs of interest (this means that they measure the things we're hoping to look at, as opposed to accidentally picking up other factors).

I've just checked the questionnaire again and there is a question on marital status. Its one of the first questions though so maybe it was easy to forget.

I will definitely take your comments into account when I anlyse the data so thank you for leaving feedback. I also appreciate you taking the time to complete the survey, especially since you've indicated that you're in severe pain.

Best wishes,
Claire

Show Hide  1 reply
Ianeon

Ianeon

17th May 2021

Thank you for the very quick reply - YES - now I recollect there was a question on marital status.

So my fault - I shall now confess in my comments.

Sorry! Sorry Sorry!