Newcastle University Retired Staff Association (NURSA)
Membership of NURSA is open to all Newcastle University Retired Staff.
NURSA is a partner with VOICE and NU Advancement (Alumni Office). It enables members to:
- maintain contact with each other and with the University.
- participate in social, educational, and recreational activities organized through NURSA.
- use their intellectual capital, experience, and networks to support VOICE, the University, and the wider community
We also have a joint NURSA-VOICE Group in development, open to all VOICE members, which will explore major themes, beginning with ‘Universities and the Common Good’.
This NURSA Group site is restricted to NU retired staff. Access is by (i) registering as a member of VOICE and (ii) a ‘use once’ password to join the NURSA Group, which can be obtained by contacting Rebecca Stobbs, Alumni Officer, at [email protected]
- Updates on University activities via this website; a regular Bulletin ‘ReConnections’; information from NU Advancement; and a Vice Chancellor’s Reception combined with the NURSA Annual Business Meeting.
- Social, educational, and recreational events organized by the NURSA Steering Group, and also a ‘slate’ allowing members to self-organize smaller group activities.
- Enabling retired staff to engage with the University through voluntary activities, particularly research promoted by VOICE and other partners.
- Access to University facilities such as the Centre for Physical Education (on same terms as current staff), reading access to the University Library, and open teaching.
- Co-developing the RSA, its Vision, and links with our partners.
You need to be logged in and a member of this group to see more content. Login / Register
You need to be logged in and a member of this group to see discussion topics. Login / Register