All posts in Brain & Mind
New research study at the Clinical Ageing Research Unit, Newcastle University; “Investigating methods to measure brain activity during ...
- Health & Social Care Research, Bones, Joints & Muscles, Brain & Mind
Healthwatch North Tyneside is the independent champion for people who use health and social care services in North Tyneside. Their purp...
- Health & Social Care Research, Ageing, Social Care, Dementia, Brain & Mind
Not all negative emotions are necessarily bad. In fact, they can direct your behaviour in useful ways. If you’re stuck in traffic and r...
- Health & Social Care Research, Ageing, Brain & Mind, Healthy living & wellbeing
People with dementia can flourish and show creativity in ways they, their caregivers and loved ones never thought possible. Under the g...
- Health & Social Care Research, Culture & Society, Dementia, Brain & Mind, Health & wellbeing
A doctor friend – let’s call her Anne – was teaching three smart medical students who were told to diagnose a woman complaining of nons...
- Culture & Society, Health & Social Care Research, Brain & Mind
Dementia is the greatest health challenge of our time, the charity Alzheimer's Research UK has warned. Dementia was first described by...
- Health & Social Care Research, Dementia, Brain & Mind
Dixon Chibanda is one of 12 psychiatrists in Zimbabwe -- for a population of more than 16 million. Realizing that his country would nev...
- Health & Social Care Research, Brain & Mind, Carers, Social Care
It’s fair to say going to the dentists is few people’s favourite thing to do. In fact, over 45% of British people say they get anxious ...
- Health & Social Care Research, Dental, Brain & Mind
Sometimes it seems as if life is passing us by. When we are children, time ambles by, with endless car journeys and summer holidays whi...
- Culture & Society, Brain & Mind
60% of people with dementia wander off, an issue that can prove hugely stressful for both patients and caregivers. In this charming tal...
- Innovation for Ageing, Dementia, Brain & Mind, Culture & Society, Health & wellbeing
Biochemist Gregory Petsko makes a convincing argument that, in the next 50 years, we'll see an epidemic of neurological diseases, such ...
- All Topics
Deep brain stimulation is becoming very precise. This technique allows surgeons to place electrodes in almost any area of the brain, an...
- Innovation for Ageing, Health & wellbeing, Brain & Mind