All posts in Dementia
Healthwatch North Tyneside is the independent champion for people who use health and social care services in North Tyneside. Their purp...
- Health & Social Care Research, Ageing, Social Care, Dementia, Brain & Mind
People with dementia can flourish and show creativity in ways they, their caregivers and loved ones never thought possible. Under the g...
- Health & Social Care Research, Culture & Society, Dementia, Brain & Mind, Health & wellbeing
Dementia is the greatest health challenge of our time, the charity Alzheimer's Research UK has warned. Dementia was first described by ...
- Health & Social Care Research, Dementia, Brain & Mind
60% of people with dementia wander off, an issue that can prove hugely stressful for both patients and caregivers. In this charming tal...
- Innovation for Ageing, Dementia, Brain & Mind, Culture & Society, Health & wellbeing
Early in the 20th century, Alois Alzheimer first described a disorder of progressive memory loss and confusion in a 50-year-old woman. ...
- Health & Social Care Research, Brain & Mind, Dementia
Dementia is a cruel disease that robs people of their memory, their judgement and their identity. Unfortunately, there is no cure, and ...
- Brain & Mind, Dementia
Last month the aged care minister Ken Wyatt announced he would introduce regulations to address the use of “chemical restraint” in resi...
- Dementia, Ageing, Health & wellbeing
Artist Tony Luciani was testing out a new camera when his 91-year-old mother, Elia, snuck into the background of his photos. The sponta...
- Culture & Society, Ageing, Dementia, Children & young people
Making Conversations Count: Newcastle University is improving communication between people with dementia and their loved ones
An estimated 50 million people around the world are living with dementia. Caused by a breakdown of the connections in the brain, dement...
- Health & Social Care Research, Dementia, Culture & Society
New guidance on when people living with dementia should stop driving has been published to support doctors and other health care profes...
- Mobility & Transport, Dementia
I would like to thank VOICE for helping me to prepare my PhD proposal, on the topic of improving mealtimes for people with dementia in ...
- Health & Social Care Research, Dementia, Carers
Young people who have difficulty talking to older relatives or friends with dementia can now be helped by a smartphone app called Ticke...
- Health & Social Care Research, Dementia, Big Data & Digital Health