All posts in Carers
Between 18-21 June 2020, an engagement and research team at Imperial College London carried out an online public involvement survey to ...
- Health & Social Care Research, Blood & Immune System, Carers, Children & young people, Infectious diseases
- Philippa Pristera
Thank you all for coming along to our first Research and Innovation matters event of 2020. Unequal Ageing: Responding to health inequal...
- Health & Social Care Research, Ageing, Big Data & Digital Health, Carers, Healthy living & wellbeing, Social Care
- Charlie Wilkinson
Dixon Chibanda is one of 12 psychiatrists in Zimbabwe -- for a population of more than 16 million. Realizing that his country would nev...
- Health & Social Care Research, Brain & Mind, Carers, Social Care
More than 1 million people aged over 65 without children are “dangerously unsupported”, and at acute risk of isolation, loneliness, poo...
- Culture & Society, Ageing, Carers, Social Care, Healthy living & wellbeing
To celebrate World Book Day (23 April) this year, staff from the Imperial BRC Patient Experience Research Centre (PERC) tweeted a list ...
- Health & Social Care Research, Culture & Society, Carers, Social Care, Healthy living & wellbeing
As home care packages become big business, older people are not getting the personalised support they need
The Royal Commission into Aged Care has unleashed a spate of claims of system failure within the residential aged care sector. Now, as...
- Housing, Carers, Culture & Society, Health & wellbeing
The Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety is this week turning its focus to aged care in the home. So far it has heard ev...
- Culture & Society, Housing, Carers
Older adults are more digitally connected than ever, even though their uptake of internet-based technologies remains lower than for you...
- Big Data & Digital Health, Ageing, Carers, Culture & Society
During the first round of hearings in the aged care royal commission, we heard many Australians would prefer to receive help at home th...
- Culture & Society, Carers, Ageing, Finance
As health care improves and more people live healthier and longer lives, the elderly population of Earth will balloon. There were 66m p...
- Culture & Society, Ageing, Carers
For the first time ever, one of Britain’s 200 independent hospices has closed its doors. St Clare’s in Jarrow near Newcastle had been s...
- Culture & Society, Finance, Housing, Carers
We can all agree that older people should have the choice to stay at home, and be cared for there, if that is what they wish to do. But...
- Culture & Society, Housing, Ageing, Carers