All posts in Finance
For the health-conscious consumer, it’s hard to keep up with the dizzying array of products on offer. Consumers want unbiased informati...
- Culture & Society, Finance, Work
Japan, like many countries around the world, faces the transformative effects of Globalization 4.0, as Fourth Industrial Revolution tec...
- Work, Culture & Society, Finance
In 1950, men and women at age 65 could expect to live about 11 years more on average. Today, that number has gone up to 17, and the Uni...
- Culture & Society, Ageing, Finance, Work
Newcastle University has announced the sale of part of its holdings in an ovarian cancer drug which came out of research initiated and ...
- Cancer, Finance, Women's Health, Health & Social Care Research
Our world is changing constantly and at an increasingly rapid pace. We’re at a unique time in our history when increased longevity is c...
- Culture & Society, Finance, Work, Ageing
It's never too late to reinvent yourself. Take it from Paul Tasner -- after working continuously for other people for 40 years, he f...
- Innovation for Ageing, Culture & Society, Finance, Work
The North East Cluster for Healthy Ageing and Independent Living (NE-CHAIN) has won early-stage funding from UK Research and Innovation...
- Innovation for Ageing, Culture & Society, Work, Finance
Countries are spending more on health, but people are still paying too much out of their own pockets
Spending on health is growing faster than the rest of the global economy, accounting for 10% of global gross domestic product (GDP). A ...
- Culture & Society, Finance, Health & wellbeing
During the first round of hearings in the aged care royal commission, we heard many Australians would prefer to receive help at home th...
- Culture & Society, Carers, Ageing, Finance
One of the largest meat processors in the UK, supplying supermarkets across the country with beef, pork, and lamb, has launched a plant...
- Culture & Society, Finance
A “granny flat agreement” is an informal arrangement between a parent and their adult child or children. The parent (often elderly) con...
- Housing, Finance, Culture & Society, Ageing
A morning of research hosted by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) in the centre of Newcastle. They will be running various s...
- Culture & Society, Finance, Health & wellbeing, Ageing