Online Course - Ageing Well: Falls
- Health & Social Care Research
Every day in the UK, almost 10,000 people aged over 65 will fall down. The personal costs are staggering, with falls resulting in injury, broken bones, fear of falling and social isolation.
People fall because of a complex mix of factors. To reduce falling, it is important to identify these factors, and recognise those that could signify serious, but treatable, underlying medical problems.
This interactive course will enable you to:
- Learn more about why falls are just so important
- Discover ways of assessing and reducing the risk of falling
- Recognise when to seek help
- Explore how to prevent falls and injury
The course will start on 4th September 2017. To find out more please visit the Future Learn website.