Imperial College London
Welcome to VOICE at Imperial
Imperial College London became the first collaborator to join VOICE in January 2019, with the ambition to improve and facilitate the way we involve patients and members of the public in our research.
Imperial College London works with the Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust to undertake world-class experimental medicine research to improve patient care. At the centre of this partnership is the NIHR Imperial Biomedical Research Centre (BRC), which aims to transform scientific discoveries into clinical practice.
The public, including patients and carers, are at the heart of what we do. Through VOICE, we hope to capture the wealth of experience and valuable perspectives that only patients and members of the public can offer on the way our research is designed and delivered.Join VOICE
Browse our Opportunities
Explore our latest opportunities and let your insights, ideas and experience shape how we work.View all our Opportunities
Community involvement during COVID-19
The Patient Experience Research Centre (PERC) at Imperial College London are developing research to explore and understand people’s views about, experiences of and behavioural responses to the new coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in the UK and elsewhere.
To guide that effort and to help inform COVID-19 research and responses more broadly - for example in mathematical modelling and policy - we launched an online community involvement initiative on VOICE that sought rapid, early insight from members of the public and aimed to establish a network for ongoing community engagement.View case study
Join a Group to take an active role in a specific topic or project and follow developments as they happen.View all our Groups
This is where we share updates about our research activity, including how VOICE members are improving the quality and impact of what we do.View all our News & Blogs
Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine (the “College” or “Imperial”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. This privacy notice describes how VOICE at Imperial collect and use personal information about VOICE members during and after their relationship with us, in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation and the College’s Data Protection Policy.
To find out more, please read our Privacy Notice.
“We are keen to involve the public in all our health-related research, which covers a wide range of topics.”
- Ageing, e.g. dementia, lifestyle factors
- Big Data & Digital Health, e.g. data science and artificial intelligence, security
- Blood, Heart & Circulation, e.g. stroke, surgical interventions
- Brain & Mind, e.g. brain injury, mental health
- Cancer, e.g. breast cancer, colon cancer, biomarkers
- Children & Young People, e.g. mental health, vaccinations
- Digestion & Gut Health, e.g. IBD, microbiome
- Emergency & Critical Care, e.g. intensive care
- Healthy Living & Wellbeing, e.g. sleep, self-care, living with multiple conditions
- Inflammation & Immunity, e.g. Lupus, vasculitis, chronic kidney disease
- Infectious Diseases, e.g. COVID-19, tuberculosis, flu, HIV, hepatitis C
- Lung & Airway Health, e.g. asthma, COPD
- Medical Innovation, e.g. novel diagnostics, drug discovery
- Nutrition & Metabolism, e.g. diabetes, obesity, hormones
- Pain, e.g. chronic pain
- Public Health, e.g. health surveillance, prevention and protection
- Women's Health, e.g. reproduction, maternal vaccinations, preterm birth
Get in touch
If you have any questions or queries about opportunities published and managed by VOICE at Imperial, please email us on [email protected].
If you are a staff member or student at Imperial College London and wish to learn more about how the VOICE platform can support your public involvement efforts, visit the For Researchers tab for general information, visit Imperial College’s internal VOICE at Imperial web page for specific guidance or email the team on [email protected] for any other queries.
VOICE at Imperial is managed by several research centres at Imperial College London, including the NIHR Imperial BRC’s Patient Experience Research Centre, the Institute of Global Health Innovation and the Imperial Clinical Trials Unit. Content administrators are on hand to support researchers from their respective centres and members of the public who engage with their opportunities through VOICE.